Since 1912, the Syllabus has been used as the foundation of the SMFA Festival System listing thousands of classes offered in the district festivals across the province. Produced every three years, the SMFA Syllabus contains many class options in a multitude of disciplines. Please note that this is a three-year Syllabus and changes will occur. Changes and corrections are updated as needed and posted below.
To order your printed copy, please use the order form below or email us at email@example.com.Order Form
To view the online version of the Syllabus:
- Syllabus 2022-2024 (v11.01.22) Updated November 2022. This version contains all changes & corrections up to November 7, 2022. Users of the print syllabus must consult Syllabus Changes & Corrections (bullet 3) for updates.
- Introduction & Regulations updated November 2022
- Syllabus Changes & Corrections (updated November 7, 2022)
- Glossary of Terms
- Non-Competitive Classes
- Provincial Classes updated November 2022 ALL DISCIPLINES ENTER THESE CLASSES TO QUALIFY FOR PROVINCIAL FINALS.
- Canada West Excellence Classes updated November 2022 ENTER THESE CLASSES TO QUALIFY FOR PROVINCIAL LEVEL OF CANADA WEST COMPETITION.
- Choral Classes
- Vocal Classes updated November 2022
- Piano Classes updated November 2022
- Organ Classes
- String Classes updated November 2022
- Guitar Classes updated November 2022
- Woodwind Classes updated November 2022
- Brass Classes
- Percussion Classes
- Band & Ensemble Classes updated November 2022
- Musical Theatre Classes updated November 2022
- Spoken Word Classes updated November 2022
FOR REFERENCE ONLY; Classes/Class numbers no longer apply. The following Test Piece lists from past syllabi are posted here to assist teachers and students in selecting appropriate repertoire and are intended as suggestions only.
- Test Pieces – 2019-2021 Syllabus – REFERENCE ONLY
- Test Pieces – 2016-2018 Syllabus – REFERENCE ONLY
- 2013 – 2015 Syllabus – REFERENCE ONLY